Valtrex overdose and intake guidelines
There is no denying the fact that Valtrex is a wonder drug. But to be on the safer side it is always better to consult a physician and be sure about what is the right dose for you. So far no serious cases of Valtrex overdose has been found. Overdose of the drug may not be detrimental to your existence but it can always cause fatal disorders. The symptoms of Valtrex overdose are normally seizures, hallucinations, and kidney damage with less urine. As soon as you feel that an overdose has been taken by mistake rush to a doctor for the corrective measures.
On the other hand, a missed dose of Valtrex does not cause harmful damages. It is better to skip the missed dose completely in order to avoid the chance of overdose and see a doctor as soon as possible.
The most common symptoms of overdose are:
- Kidney damage;
Valtrex intake guidelines
Normally a dose of Valtrex is taken with a glass of water and with or without food. However, it is better to take the drug with food to avoid stomach problems. Valtrex works best if continued from the early stage of infection. It is very important to take the drug regularly for effective results. The intake of the drug shouldn't be stopped all of a sudden without consulting a doctor. It is safer to keep away from sexual play while the medication is on. Don't forget to store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat, for best results.